Director Development Programs
In pursuance of its main objectives, the Institute consults and encourages enterprises to organize, among other priority activities, Director Development Workshops for their respective enterprises. The Institute of Directors of Zambia provides leaders of business in the private and state owned enterprise sectors with education and learning opportunities through:-
- Director Development programs on Corporate Governance, directorship and board effectiveness.
- In-house Director Development Programs for both private and public enterprises designed around specific client needs.
- Up – to – date information regarding both local and international Corporate Governance and directorship trends.
- Intensive longer programs dealing with board learning issues in alliance with leading business schools and institutions.
The Training workshops and Consultancies are handled by teams of up to four eminent resource persons who are carefully selected from rich pool of expertise of members of the Institute. For trainings, the resource persons cover relevant topics on:
- Corporate Governance Overview
- Risk Management and Audit Committees.
- Strategic Planning and Governance
- Ethics and Integrity
- Financial Oversight, integrated Reporting and Control
- Stakeholder Mapping and Engagement
- Board Procedures and Practices
- Leadership Skills & Change Management
IoDZ also engages in consultancies in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance Audits
- Board Charter Development
- Board Evaluation
- Strategic Planning Process
- Organisational Structure Development